I always think that shading alternating rows makes wide spreadsheets much easier to read. Here is a quick & easy way to shade every other row.
- Highlight the range of cells that you want to format
- Choose Format from the pull-down menu
- Select Conditional Formatting to display the Conditional Formatting dialog box
- Select Formula Is from the first drop-down list box, and enter =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 in the second box
- Click the Format button to bring up the Format Cells dialog box
- Select the Patterns tab and specify a color for the shaded rows. Choose a light color so the black text will still be legible
- Click OK twice to return to your worksheet